Monday, August 6, 2007

"baby don't be blue, gonna make for you... gonna make a pie with a heart in the middle" -quincy coleman

"baby don't you cry, gonna make a pie, gonna make a pie with a heart in the middle. baby don't be blue, gonna make for you, gonna make a pie with a heart in the middle. gonna make a pie from heaven above, gonna be filled with strawberry love. baby don't you cry, gonna make a pie, and hold you forever in the middle of my heart. "

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
lucas is in rare form today. he's cuddley and quiet. moving so very sloooow. oh yeah and warm. yes... he's caught some kind of a bug and has gone very quickly from my wild-thing-can't-hold-still-big-monkey-boy to this need-my-mommy-and-my-blankie-baby. my wee baby has a belly ache and i'm sure a big fat headache but can only wiggle around in my arms and wimper. and i'm not really able to tell him what exactly is going on.
i tucked the boys in last night and set myself up upstairs. my favorite pack of watercolors. fresh paper. playlists of songs. cup of iced lemonade. i was feeling the creative juice bubbling over. my knees tucked up to my chin... pajama pants and bare feets. so very much in my element... "llllliiiiiiiiindsaaaaaaaaaaay! come quick!!" i ran.
thus began my night. i was the momma. the one in charge. he needed me. what?! what do i do? i set us up on the couch the way my mom used to set us up when we got sick. lay down a sheet. stack up some clean towels. mixed up some emergen-c and put in a movie. then texted my mom to come downstairs. the momma needed her momma. between several changes of clothes (mine and his) and a couple times through the robots movie he fell quietly back to sleep. i scooped him in my arms and carried back down to bed sometime during the wee hours.
he's taken 3 naps today. yes. he is in rare form.

we had a great weekend. my silly mom and me trekked down to the gallivan center for the free peter, bjorn and john concert. nat and pres had saved us a spot right in the middle. my mom is great. it was awesome people watching. saw some real creatures! great concert. i was really only sure of one of their songs... but they were so dang cute that i'll probably plop down and buy the real cd. not just download some goodies. i'll make the whole purchase. =)
andrey and i went on a date. a real date. like i got ready all day kind of date. curled up my hair kind of date. we held hands and i'm sure i did some girlie-giggling. we missed lucas. first real date without him... and we were ready to come home. crazy crazy folks.
i finally made it to "the waitress" this weekend. my auntie, my gram, and my momma all took a girl trip to a late movie. i.loved.this.film. it's been a long time since i actually enjoyed an entire movie. the cast. the soundtrack. the story. every piece. i can't you tell how much i loved it. it's not playing in many theatres but go track it down and give it a shot. lovely. lovely.

it's quiet and peaceful around here today. i took a bath and got back into my pajamas. i think i'll finish up last nights painting and then go cuddle up with my feverish little sonny-boy and watch "botsssssss", again. happy monday. love, lin

5 comments:

  1. That is the worse when the babies get sick...hopefully this will pass soon and Lucas will be back to his active self!

    I am glad though that you and Andrey finally had a date! Since they are so rare now with a child, I love to hear of others dates and to imagine Diego and me on one....maybe next year will be my turn :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry Lucas is sick, that's no fun, but I do enjoy the cuddly bugs it makes :) I'm sure you both will be back on your feet running around soon enough.
    Great painting by the way. I should show you some of Noah's water color masterpieces...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think were blessed with your grandpa Schofields talents. You are so creative how I envy that creativity. I hope your baby is doing better now, your lucky you have your momma right there to help. Give your family a hug and have a good night painting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It stinks when they are so sick and you just have to watch them ride it out. I am glad he is better now and I love the painting. I loved doing watercolors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lin why not Seattle? Amy and I always tell each other we're not permenant either, I guess we'll see huh. She found an awesome house on her street for sale though. Did you ever check our my Shoe Fairy movie? I'll find yours if you find mine.

    ReplyDelete