Wednesday, December 10, 2008

"my belly is full of light and love"



at 31 weeks my baby weighs about three pounds and five ounces. he's turning a nice pink color and his fingernails probably reach the end of his fingers. his iris's can now dilate and contract in response to light.
"...my belly is full of light and love"

****

from an email i sent out this week:
"...thank you so much for sharing your words with me. they are powerful and very valuable to me as i'm navigating my coarse. the insight that you shared with me is something that i was hoping the women reading my blog by the hundreds would take away from this weeks worth of birth stories. a little bit of empowerment.

this week has been so theraputic for me. there was something that clicked in me once i said my fears outloud and sent them out to the universe. a circle of loving women that came out of the wood work to share their birth piece/peace with me. i feel braver. still scared. yes. very much. but the fact that this babe will come how he needs to is sitting better with me. i will do my part. the rest will turn out how it turns out..."


my baby boy will be born at his perfect moment
****


lucas and i have a story. he was born in the wee morning hours of my birthday. it's our day. i worked really hard for him. a labor of love. he wanted me to remember that everytime we share our day. i love him for knowing that i would need that. my sweet boy. such an old soul.


lucas jude born april 7, 2006
****




need some more birth love?

soulemama's home birth

nienie's "i'm a queen - look what i just did"

leslie keating's sweet baby mae is finally here

the lovely midwife briana and the birth of her baby brother

a beautiful birth anthology by tamara of today's modern mother

the birth of a mother - holly and her baby natalie


thank you for sharing this healing week with me.
goodnight loves,
lin

p.s.
dear miss jessie: watch your mailbox for your first issue of MOTHERING magazine. i couldn't be happier to be sending it your way.

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking my pictures! Feel free to link my birth story as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I can say is that I want another baby NOW!!! Thank you for posting all of these stories. They are a source of inspiration for many! You rock this world Lindsay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love that luc bitty baby picture. im going to be getting the friday night dinner groceries so plan on eating here. im listening to the cranberries.
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey lin. i wrote my story a couple days ago, but i was nervous about it... ill send it to you just for you to read. and that is a cute picture of you and baby luc. hes sweet. im wishing you all the best for your next baby. and im here for any help you needddd. like some dinner or something.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Man, I could read birth stories all day. Thank you so much for sharing. What a group of amazing women. And thanks for the magazine! You are so good to me Linny.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool week Lin...will be sending some love your way soon!

    ReplyDelete