Saturday, January 9, 2010

three years old rocks my world

luc art love 2010lukey art – january 2010

i have a clear memory in my mind of making art as a wee girl. i’d been busy intensely drawing. a square box with rows and rows of  square “bricks” on each side to be exact. i remember my mom squealing with delight at what my little hands had drawn. she’d even loved it enough to show it off to my dad, “look! lindsay drew our house!”
and then sliding the drawing into the front of one of her work binders for safe keeping – to be displayed! i loved this.
++++
i also remember attempting the re-draw the same square house of bricks whenever i had my hands on a drawing tool of any kind. just hoping for the same reaction.
++++
while visiting with miss presley {luc’s twin-cousin} on my last trip home – she proceeded to draw me a full on wild thing. complete with sharp claws and gnarly teeth! i was amazed at her left handed creation and couldn’t help but wonder how much longer i’d have to wait for luc’s creative brain waves to reach his little boy hands. i thought of  how i’ve pretty much been shoving all kinds of art making tools in his face - just waiting for the long long leggie drawings, well… since he was born.
++++
and yesterday - they just appeared.
++++
little sticky notes stuck all over our house.
big round faces.
dots for eyes.
long long legs attached to tiny scribbled shoes.
some smiles.
some frowns.
and a chubby baby one.
++++
i am in love with three years old.
i am convinced he needs oils. and canvas.

10 comments:

  1. milla has been drawing for about a year now, and i still get giddy every time she shows me one. i feel like i have to save every single one-- so meticulously, creatively, geniusly drawn. avi is just barely beginning. i love love love it. and you're right, it rocks your world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those first drawings are always so perfect. I wish I would have had the wisdom to keep some of my kids first creations.

    P.S.
    That blouse in that shade of purple + you today = gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are my absolute favorite drawings EVER!!! They instantly bring a smile to my face. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember the squares, Lin. I'm sure that picture us still in a safe place in my cave of a bedroom closet. It was so, so . . beyond ordinary. Can my babies please come to my art school?

    ReplyDelete
  5. you would be an extraordinary teacher for your little boy. Do you want to teach a class of creativity to older kids?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember when Noah started drawing figures too. I was ridiculously excited. I love LOVE Lukey's artworks. Beautiful. Go forth with the oils and canvas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The art of a three-year-old is priceless. The fact that people are so interesting to draw and have nice round bodies, stick arms and legs just makes me smile. My little one draws everyone as a triangle.

    ReplyDelete