Monday, April 9, 2012

six! | the invite


it's official. 
my lucas jude is six years old! we had the best birthday week ever. but the real fun started weeks before when we sat down together to make the plans. he decided on a cycling party - with hopes that the weather would cooperate and his favorite friends could bring their bikes. 
the invites were my favorite part. he made a list of his six closest friends and we got to work. we found most of our supplies at a local hardware store. neon spray paint for the bike stencil and shiny new bike bells to get his buddies excited for the party. 

he was actually able to help quite a bit. i did the spray painting and he peeled the stencil off. i cut and typed the party info and he stuck them on with a neon dot sticker. carefully choosing a coordinating color. i tied the bright orange bows and he tucked the bells into the boxes.  then we loaded them up and he hand delivered them to each of his pals. 




it was so fun when all the boys showed up to the party on wednesday! new bells attached to their handle bars. find more of the party details here!

invitation supplies:
gift boxes found here
bike bells found here
neon stickers found here
stencil cut with my silhouette machine and vinyl
free bike font found here

4 comments:

  1. oh my goodness, you are so crafty! and i love the juxtaposition of what you did, then what he did, to create these. i can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cool. I can just imagine how excited all the invited must have felt when they opened those boxes to find a brand new bike bell. Such a cool idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That. is. awesome! I adore that idea! Oh I so wish my son didn't have a winter birthday. Maybe I can do this with my summer baby. Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I LOVE everything about this! You are such a sweet mama!

    ReplyDelete