Monday, February 18, 2013

sweetheart.

i know that valentines day is soooo yesterday and that easter goodies are already stocked on the shelves but i'm still feeling all lovey. it's one of my favorites. maybe even THE favorite holiday of mine. and i'm not quite ready to pack it up just yet.

some classics:
-the year my first real highschool boyfriend met me at lunch hour with a long stem yellow rose (red roses were for conformists) and a mixed tape. it may or may not have included a selena song.

-the year my entire group of friends walked to mcdonalds for candlelit big mac's and some fancy date night bowling at the alley next door.

-the year my dad came home from work with with a handful of roses - one for each of his four daughters. along with a book he'd selected just for me and filled the front cover with fatherly advice and love.

-the year my boyfriend (a different one) rode a greyhound bus from college to deliver me flowers three states away. so irresponsible...

-the year andrey and i agreed to only exchange love notes. and ended up having our first real fight over egg drop soup and gross chinese food. the argument was about the food we'd be serving (or not serving) at our wedding. i left him in the pleather booth by himself. he met me out in the car with his love note... and we still got married a month later.

-the year i was very pregnant with our first baby and my love brought me home a box of handpicked chocolates (heavy on the salted caramels) a heart shaped pizza and the movie elizabethtown.  

-the year i took a pregnancy test and cried over my molten chocolate lava cake about the addition of a third babe so soon after the second.

-and this year. the year we sat on the living room floor and said something we loved about eachother. my four handsome valentines, all of whom are very aware that this is very much a girly holiday... showered me with kisses and sweet nothings.

10 comments:

  1. Lindsay, you're such a good writer! :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. oh! and that Rose Lip Balm...my favorite. I'm such a creature of habit, specifically body/makeup products and that Rose's balm along with Maybeline Pink Mascara "very black" will never be replaced... you've got good taste girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't care if I haven't seen you in years, you are still one of my favorite people.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love your recap of past valentines. it is such an odd and wonderful holiday. and those crafts and gifts! (though i think the bottom left one should say: let's make WHOOPEE!) hehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. these memories are precious. you have such good stories, always.

    ReplyDelete
  6. freak!!!!! i love this post!!! and i love you. xx happy valentine's day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had almost forgotten about the candlelit Valentine's at McDonalds... how is that possible? How about making Valentines in July? Loved reading this. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your tender heart, my dear. Thanks for always sharing yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wish I was at your house for valentines day, looks fantastic! Miss you

    ReplyDelete